![]() |
| Make a Smilebox photobook |
We had a very special Thanksgiving this year, not only was it Mister's first one, but Grandma Camie got married.
Miss Magoo was so excited about being flower girl/ring bearer and getting to wear her pretty dress.
On the drive down to my mom's, she asked. "Momma I have a question?" "Yes," I said. "Did you pack my pretty dress?" "You didn't forget did you?" "No sweet girl, I didn't forget."
Once we got to my mom's she kept asking was it time to put it on and get married. "Not yet," I said. "I'll let you know when."
We ended up having Thanksgiving dinner after all with all the trimmings and it was delicious. Mister couldn't get enough turkey. He loved it :)
Friday night we went for Chinese and there was more food than what we should have ordered, but it sure was yummy.
Finally the big day arrived and we headed to the church to get Miss Magoo ready and she was beautiful!
I told her "you are beautiful Miss Magoo." She says, "I'm not Miss Magoo, I'm a Princess." And she was.
When it was getting close to time for her to walk down the aisle, I truly wasn't sure if she would do it. She gets shy and a little scared sometimes right before doing things. But not this time. Jacob told me she was so excited while waiting at the back of the church.
I know how much it meant to her to be a part of her Grandma's (and now Grandpa's) wedding.
After the reception we headed back to my mom's place and I couldn't believe the kids were still going. Neither one of them had a nap. At about 5:00, Miss Magoo came to me and announced she was going to take a nap. So off to the bedroom she went and promptly fell asleep all on her own.
Now mind you I thought Mister would just drop, (he was having way too much fun with his brother and Uncle Scott) but he never did. He was still going at 10:00. I finally had to hold him and rock him to get him to try and settle down. It took all of 5 minutes of him fussing and he was out. But then Miss Magoo woke up, and I thought, uh oh, she'll never go back to sleep. I couldn't have been more wrong (and so thankful) but she went right back out until morning.
It was one very busy and fun day and now the kids have a new Grandpa!













1 comment:
That really made me smile and laugh! Evan was watching and getting "ideas"...oh no!
Post a Comment