Monday, September 21, 2009

Squirrels and God


Yesterday after church while driving to pick up some "free" puzzles from someone's house, I noticed a dead squirrel on the side of the road.

I said out loud, "oh poor squirrel." Miss Magoo became quite concerned and asked, "what happened to the squirrel, momma?

I let her know that he got hit and she finished with saying, "he died?" "Yes, sweet girl, he died."

"Why he died?" I explained because he probably got hit by a car. So not much more came of the conversation.

Then later that night, much later, on the way home from Alpha, out of the blue, Miss Magoo asked about the squirrel again.

"Momma, where's the squirrel?" "Did he die?" "Yes, sweet girl, he died."

"Oh that makes me sad." I let her know that it was ok and that the squirrel was ok and that he was in Heaven with God. "But I want to get the squirrel and pick him up and hold him like a baby and kiss him and make him happy."

She then asked why he was in Heaven with God. I told her, "because he died and God made the squirrel, so God will take care of him."

Her little voice became very concerned and she kept saying that she wanted to take care of the squirrel. I wish there was a way for you to hear her voice at this point. It was so filled with compassion for this little creature. It just broke my heart that she couldn't help the squirrel, but at the same time, it just melted my heart that she has such compassion for one of God's creatures.

So in the end, Miss Magoo decided all was ok with the little squirrel since he was in Heaven with God and God was taking care of him.

Love this girl!!!



2 comments:

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

awwww!!! We HAVE to visit the next time we are in Washington and meet all of you!!!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

That is sooo sweet :) She sounds like a doll!

Blessings,
tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com