We LOVE you!!

Above is my first ever digital scrap booking page.
It was one year ago today that we held our daughter in our arms for the 1st time and she became ours forever! Above are pictures as well as the entry I posted on that wonderful day!!
Our entry from May 8, 2007
It finally came, gotcha day!
I was filled with excitement knowing we would be getting our baby girl soon!
We went downstairs to the dining room and had breakfast and then before we knew it we were in the van with the other familes to get our babies!
We had no idea what to expect on where we were going or what was about to happen. When we finally arrived at the Civil Affairs Office (it appeared to look like it was in an apartment complex) we walked up the stairs and they put all of us in a room and we waited to see our babies. The woman in charge of the Civil Affairs Office was happy to see us and thanked us for taking the children home with us. I kept thinking, no thank you, for allowing us to adopt this beautiful baby.
Well the time came and they brought in the babies, I remember seeing Camie for the first time. They handed her to me and she wanted Cecil, so I gave her to him and he was just bawling, tears streaming down his face. I honestly thought that was going to be me, but to my surprise I only cried a little bit. I was so overwhelmed with emotion.
We proceeded to fill out paperwork. They had a notary right there at the office. After she notarized our paperwork she gave us the most beautiful Sterling Silver necklace for Camie. Richard our guide said that was really special since they don't usually do that.
With the paperwork out of the way, we spent the rest of time with Camie until all the families were taken care of. Camie cried quite a bit, but once we gave her some fruity cheerios she quieted right down. Now that paperwork was completed, she was offically ours according to China.
Jacob did great with his new baby sister and was just as happy as we were to have her in our family.
I only got a few still shots since Jacob was working the video camera and we were busy loving our new baby girl!












2 comments:
Wishing you all the very best wishes as you celebrate this wonderful day! Happy Mother's Day Cathy!
It looks great and Happy 1 year anniversary !!
Lavonne
Post a Comment